Monday, May 14, 2012

Plans

What I planned to do today:
Menu and grocery shopping
Catch up on email correspondence
Put together the anti-rodent cover for my raised garden beds
Transplant all my seedlings into the (now protected) garden
Water everything
Feed/water the chicks
Mulch the strawberries and blueberries Clean the kitchen

  
What I ended up doing today:
Failed miserably at the anti-rodent cover...I hate these learning curves
Transplanted the most desperate seedlings...now unprotected from rodents AND Buddy
Menu and grocery shopping (barely accomplished with 2 kids in tow)
Watered everything (and then some, thanks Buddy)
Buried a dead baby opossum (of all random things to find in one's yard)
Cleaned out the car
Loaded the dishwasher AND remembered to start it
Finished the last few chapters of Hunger Games
Fed/watered the chicks and forgot to get them back into their pen for hours
Gently coaxed the chicks out of the neighbor's yard and into their pen
Mulched the strawberries and blueberries
Swept out the garage


Not a bad list, now that I look at it. It feels like it takes me a million years to accomplish anything on my to-do list, especially outdoor projects in the garden (it's all new stuff I'm learning out there, and the kids tend to interrupt and change my plans easily when I'm, well, terrible at the other thing I'm trying to accomplish).

Now I'm off to bathe the kids. We had more compost pile playing today and ripe strawberries with dinner...messy, messy.

4 comments:

  1. That's a great list. Also, what did you think of the Hunger Games?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geez, look at you Supermom! I'm amazed and impressed that your list of things you got done was longer than your original to-do list. And I'm also interested to know your thoughts about Hunger Games.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Supermom? Hardly. The only reason I managed to clean out the car and do a load of dishes is because I needed at least one place, one counter, that was free of chaos and mess. The house was a mess, the kids were covered in dirt, and I needed SOMETHING that was in order for just a few minutes. It's good for my sanity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As for Hunger Games, I knew too much before I began reading it. I knew the end, so I wasn't trying to figure out how it would all work out. No suspense. And with how many people were raving about it, I had expected more depth of character, more inner turmoil, and a few more meaningful/symbolic undercurrents. I needed more detail in everything. It felt like a screenplay.

    I wanted to know more about the society that could force this horrible tradition on an unwilling populous for so long in so many ways. Maybe that will come in the next books? All in all, a fascinating premise, but I liked what I *thought* it was better than what I *know* it is. I have no desire to see the movie. I feel like I did just see the movie...it was already far less than I had hoped for :(

    Yes, it did keep me up WAY past my bedtime. I liked it that much. I was glad to have read it. I hope the next book(s) satisfy my cravings for more information.

    ReplyDelete