Thanks to my dear sister who took Robert's
-->
hideously ugly vintage curtains away with her (look for them on eBay soon), I suddenly had a gaping window that needed attention. It was the exact motivation I needed to start the redecorating process.
BEFORE:
AFTER:
My mom made a set of brightly colored cafe curtains some time ago for Alice's bedroom in the last house. I loved the fabric for Buddy's new room, but wanted a different curtain style. I attached some royal blue fabric to make them the right length and lined them all with blackout fabric. I had to install a new curtain rod, too, because every window in this house has the track-style curtains with the drawstring thingamajig. The rest of Buddy's room is still quite neutral. I'm not fond of painting and I don't trust my own sense of color coordination, so it will likely stay blandly neutral until he punches a hole in the wall or something and I am forced to repaint :)
Alice is now feeling inspired to redecorate her room, but she's waiting for some sort of "princess reading tent" miracle that will pop out of my own sewing machine. I'm waiting for her to outgrow the princess stuff :)
That turned out really cute! Wanna come do my kids room? :)
ReplyDeleteLove it! I'm seriously considering putting up the blue curtains in my room and the patriotic curtains in Atty's room. I might hit Ikea this week. Should I use the ugly curtains to estimate yardage?
ReplyDeleteThe "ugly curtains" would be the ones currently hanging on your windows, then? I'm trying to imagine something worse than the avocado green George Washington print ;)
DeleteThink you could mail me something from IKEA? I'd REALLY like to skip making curtains for Alice's room.
Like premade curtains? Sure. I was just going to buy fabric, but I'll see what's available premade. What are the window measurements?
ReplyDeleteNo, the "hideously ugly" ones are a little too much. I'm going for the blue ones with white flowers. We'll see if they fit. The George Washington ones are pretty ugly, but Atticus likes that he had wooden teeth, and if I think "cool vintage" I might be able to tolerate them. We don't spend much time in that room. :)