Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Quick! Write it down!

Some things I don't have the time to ponder/marvel/write out like I want to, but I have to put them down somewhere or I'll forget them forever:

After school yesterday, I asked the kids if they wanted some applesauce. James raised both arms high in the air and shouted, "Yaaaaaay!" I guessed that was a yes. He did it again when we all loaded in the car for a special trip to the ice cream store. "You guys ready to go get ice cream?" "Yaaaaaaaaaaay!"

I was unloading groceries this morning and I left an unbuckled James alone in the car. When I came back for the next load of groceries, he had already discovered my special stroopwafel cookies, selected one for himself, and casually munched through half of it. That's no small feat, and no small treat.

A family with a newborn girl sat in front of us at church. Robert hovered over the baby, giggling at her, then climbed right up in my lap and smooshed his nose into mine whispering, "I hope our baby is a girl so she's as cute as that one." He will also give my tummy hugs and say, "That's for the baby if it's a girl. I still love it if it's a boy, but the hugs are only for the girl."

Alice, in desperation: "Mom! I can't remember what the library looks like! I haven't been there in SO long!" (I've been getting books there regularly while she's at school)




No comments:

Post a Comment