My computer has been severely crippled for the last week or so. At first, I enjoyed the excuse to digitally disconnect from everything and spend time working on more analog projects. Four days later, I was feeling deaf and blind...I had no idea what was going on with my friends or extended family. A day after that, I realized I also felt voiceless. Silenced. I couldn't share any of my good news or struggles with anyone because I was digitally mute.
Then I remembered the telephone.
I called my mom and spilled out all my news in a whirlwind conversation that *almost* made me late picking up Robert from school.
That brief conversation was good, but not enough. I'm glad to be back online.
I knew I had become dependent on my computer for gathering information, but I never pegged it as a place where disseminating information was just as (if not more so) important to my happiness. I mean, I'm "me" all the time, right? Why should I feel any less "me" if I can't blog about potty training or making applesauce? Maybe it's composing an email or blog post that solidifies the experience for me? Dunno, but it's important.
Glad to be blogging again.
Tuesday, September 15, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment