Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Potty Training?

So, um, James is potty trained now. It happened way faster and more completely than I ever could have imagined. He just got it. Right away. It's freaking me out. Shouldn't I still be cleaning human waste from my carpets twice a week at this point?

All the things that I hate about potty training were completely bypassed this time: hourly "potty turns," cleaning solid waste from underwear (and the floor, and his legs, and my hands), accidents on furniture, accidents in the car, accidents out and about, urgent potty emergencies, bedwetting...totally not an issue with James. I'm completely flabbergasted!

Blown away.

He doesn't even ask for treats anymore. It's been 10 days. WHAT?!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous! I'm not looking forward to potty training Sarah. Wanna send some of those "just got it" vibes our way? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like Katy. I'm glad you got a better experience this time. My other two kids were way harder, but I am still glad one was easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad it want so well for you. We have been doing a little with James and Ellie, but mostly, I'm too lazy to give it a real go, so we sit on the potty when I remember or feel like dealing with the hassle, but we are so not moving out of pull ups for a very long time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's amazing! Wish I could say the same with Zabien. Someday, right. Eliza potty trained in 5 days and had no poop accidents, she was a breeze. I had no idea how lucky I was until this time...... Zaby we've been trying for a month and he is no where near ready. Grr

    ReplyDelete