Saturday, May 21, 2016

6 cubic yards

Knowing I would be putting in a few more garden beds this year, I ordered a whopping 6 cubic yards of hardwood mulch. It arrived Wednesday. In the past, the most mulch or compost I've ever attempted to move on my own was only 4 cubic yards. It took every last bit of energy I had, too. So, imagine my terrific surprise, when I dispatched with this 6 cubic yards with relative ease in a matter of 3 days!!

At first, I thought maybe it was because I had been working out regularly and therefore built up more strength and endurance.

Then I realized that I've either been first-trimester pregnant or caring for a 6-month-old infant (who nurses 8 times a day and doesn't sleep through the night yet) for the last four springs.

Yup, that'll suck the energy right out of ya'!

Like a parasite.

I say that out of love, y'know, since this motherhood thing is kinda my favorite job ever.

Nice to know it wasn't a permanent change, though :)

20160520_173306
Robert and Alice expending a little of their own boundless supply of energy.

1 comment: