Monday, May 30, 2016

Asbestos Report

I got all the lab tests and paperwork back from the asbestos removal folks. If you'll recall, they ran a negative pressure HEPA filter for all three hours they worked on the floor. I didn't know they would send the filter to a lab for analysis afterward. Guess what?! Ripping up five layers of flooring (one middle layer containing asbestos in the backing) generated 6 dangerous (it's only cancer-causing in a certain fiber size range) asbestos particles that were captured by the HEPA filter.

Six.

So, one part of me is like, "Sheesh! Six is no big deal! I could totally remove the asbestos-containing vinyl in my bathrooms at pretty low risk to myself."

And the other part of me is like, "Whoa. Just one of those could have given me lung cancer."

IMG_20160530_081956062
The beginning of the serviceberry harvest!

IMG_20160530_163428669
Sometimes you feel like a nut.

IMG_20160530_163443611
He asked me to take this picture. I promise he did.
IMG_20160530_163411032
This little stinker stole my seat (15th percentile for length at 18-month visit), but I gave him leeway 'cuz he's had a fever and hacking cough for four days and this is the first day he's acted 90% normal.

1 comment:

  1. So happy to see the Heavy Metal onesie is going strong!

    ReplyDelete