Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Loving Spring

Asbestos folks are coming out tomorrow. They say it's a 1-day job.

I just got off the phone with the flooring folks who will be putting tile into our new kitchen. They will install next week! Next week! Then there's a rush to get the cabinets, lighting, and plumbing set up and another loooooooong wait for the counter tops to be made and installed (3 weeks). Then we're pretty much, almost kinda, 90% done. Wow.

With that news, and a solid workout done this morning, and both kids unconscious in their beds for quiet time, I'm in a stinking good mood.

So, I thought I'd share some other things that make me happy :)

Being outside in the green

IMG_20160509_104526223
I said, "Hey James, let me get a picture of you in the grass." He falls to the ground and pulls this "tricky move."

IMG_20160509_104443770
He sees me pointing the camera at him. He pauses, furrows his brow, and *click* it's all over.

Popsicle mouths

IMG_20160506_153150953

IMG_20160506_153721077_HDR
Blue eyes, blue lips.

Sandals and riding bikes
IMG_20160506_153247739_HDR


Delicate rock collections

IMG_20160504_075436864
Robert probably made this while he was supposed to be getting dressed or something. Absolutely beautiful. Too bad James swiped it all off just a few minutes later :( Sharing a room can be such a drag sometimes.

Baby peaches in my own backyard

IMG_20160503_155700378
I love seeing the baby peach burst through the spent flower. There's something so metaphysical about it...the flower has its moment, then withers away just as the fruit is born...different phases in my life...growth can mean change.

Bubble forts
20160501_105559
Bobby helped the kids with this one. They still don't quite understand how it works, but it's a lot of fun.

1 comment: