Alice cares about the environment, and the GNA has been a dream of hers for several months. They have regular meetings and a motto and an oath and a pile of leadership positions. So far, they have picked up litter and raised awareness on several environmental fronts including water conservation and air quality.
Anyway, all morning, I just kept thinking up reasons why this little plan of hers wouldn't work...she'd botch the recipe(s), no one would buy anything, she'd get discouraged after the first couple of "no thank you" responses and trudge home in tears, she'd find the kitchen too hard to clean, etc.. But I kept it to myself. I thought this was a safe place for her to fail and learn something in that failure. Boy, was I wrong. She did botch the recipes, but they sold anyway. The kitchen was awfully hard to clean, but she kept barking orders at Robert and the neighbor girl until it was done. The "no thank you" responses didn't seem to phase her this time. Hm. That truly was a surprise.
Thank you, dear neighbors, for buying my daughter's treats. I should warn you, however, that the GNA is planning to come back to your house every other day for the next few weeks to keep you well-stocked in treats. Thankfully, they are still naive enough to believe that if no one comes to the door, then no one must be home.
![]() |
| Here Robert is posing by another one of Alice's baked goods from last week: Aronia Berry and Pear tarts. Really, really yummy despite all those nasty sprinkles on top ;) |
![]() |
| Here is a blistered hand on Day 4. He really didn't like me messing with it, so it's not the best photo. Poor guy. |




No comments:
Post a Comment