Thursday, August 18, 2016

One more time

School started today. All smiles and eagerness to start another year.

IMG_20160818_074457867

One big change this year :
Alice and Robert have asked to walk to school every day. Alone. Together. The awesome mom in me says, "Yes! You can totally rock that independence thing! Be free, little birdies!" and the more conservative mom in me says, "Well...um...oh man." It's barely half a mile, through quiet residential areas, but they do have to cross one pretty big street at a 4-way stop. They CAN do it, but I'm not quite convinced they can do it SAFELY 100% of the time.
I walked to and from school almost every day in elementary and junior high, across a pretty big street (without a 4-way stop!), with my sister and brother. I didn't love it, but I think it was good for me.

I really WANT them to do this...I'm about 75% okay with it...just a little unsure a little longer.
IMG_20160818_074431989

IMG_20160818_074443820

IMG_20160818_074438939



2 comments:

  1. They look ready for the day! I hope they had a good experience and like their teachers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete