In my exercise class today, we were using the elastic bands, punching the air in rhythm to the bouncy music, strengthening those shoulder muscles and working up a sweat. From the back of the room, I hear an older gentleman interjecting "Hello!" at the end of every other punch. I envision a situation where one might deliver a punch and say hello. I crack a smile.
The next exercise, we've got the bands around our feet and legs, stepping sideways (it really targets the hips!). As I feel the burn, the same guy in the back says, "Pardon me, excuse me." It suddenly occurs to me that this is exactly what I would look like squeezing past other people to my seat in a movie theater. I laugh out loud.
Of course he's doing it on purpose.
Now, whenever my muscles are burning, I just add "Excuse me" or "Hello" to the workout and things feel better.
Tuesday, August 9, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment