Monday, May 15, 2017

Potty Training Update

This is going remarkably well. Admitting that "out loud" may have just doomed it to fail, of course, but I'll take my chances.

By Day 3, Matthew managed to get 100% of his fluid waste into the toilet of his own volition. No coercion or timer required. We're on Day 5 and he's maintained that streak, even fully clothed, even overnight, and even out and about. He's already used bathrooms at several local retail stores :)

Solid waste is apparently more difficult for him to gauge. I don't think he's resisting it, I think it's just harder for him to figure out when it's gas and when it's the real deal. I got to clean the real deal off of him and out of his underwear after Nursery yesterday. Happy Mother's Day!

Seriously, if we can get this solid waste thing figured out in the next couple days, Matthew will have been the EASIEST of the bunch to potty train. Hands down and all around.

Now I've really jinxed it.

2 comments:

  1. And just think... once he's done, you're DONE with potty training. Unless you get a dog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Matthew! What a man. I'm sure it helps for all his siblings to be doing this kind of thing as a good example.

    ReplyDelete