Thursday, September 21, 2017

Most Recent Family Photo Series

A friend of ours took some family photos for us last weekend. My kids don't exactly perform for formal photographers, so I thought we'd start formal and move on to something more candid...something that would get REAL smiles and expressions from these people I've built my life around.
IMG_6878merged
The winning family photo. My friend had to merge two photos into one, but it worked. James is *almost* smiling and Robert is...well...*sigh*...
IMG_6884preedit
Alice's portrait was easy. She even looks half-relaxed. Growing up, this one.
IMG_6886preedit
Robert hamming it up in his portrait. He HATED the polo shirt collar. Like a dog with a wound, this kid couldn't leave it alone for three seconds. I suspect the collar was partially responsible for his passive aggressive silliness. That, and, he's suddenly embarrassed to have his picture taken. Too soon, my boy!

IMG_6894preedit
James *almost* smiling. It took quite a few potty words to get this much out of him.
IMG_6901preedit
Not a natural smile for Matthew, but a cute one. Can this kid do *anything* that's not cute?!
IMG_6905preedit
Real smile! That's my Robert enjoying an arm wrestling match.
IMG_6909preedit
Real smile! Matthew and bubbles. Cute.
IMG_6932preedit
Kid tug-o-war. Alice holding her own against Robert and Matthew.
IMG_6935preedit
Determined James.
IMG_6937preedit
Whole family tug-o-war. You know I'm getting serious when I scrunch up my whole face. By the way, James is always on my side. Always.
IMG_6948preedit
Matthew's face is my favorite in this one. When challenge comes, he's scrunches up and grits his teeth (quite literally *shudder*) and gives it his all. I'm pretty sure he's pulling in the wrong direction, though.
IMG_6949preedit
I was so into the tugging that I forgot my friend was there taking pictures. I can be freakishly competitive (sometimes) and a poor sport at losing (all the time).  It's not a part of me that I'm proud of, but I get over it quickly (usually).

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful, wonderful photos of the family and great to get insights into personalities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the one of James sitting on the crate, and Robert's arm wrestling pic! And Alice and Matthew look cute in all of them too. Makes me miss you guys a lot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I also love Robert's scrunched up face in the main family pic. It's not his real smile, but it's him being silly, which is still him.

    ReplyDelete