The kids' annual Primary Program at church happened today. It's the one Sunday a year where all the young kids (3-11 years old) speak and sing the "sermon" for the day. I was truly impressed with how smoothly it went down. The Primary leaders and teachers put a lot of time and thought into this program and it shows! They practiced it with the kids again and again. So much so, even, that when I asked James if he was nervous about having to speak into the microphone, he kinda shrugged and "pbbbshd" it off saying, "I've already done it TWICE."
Says the kid who, for the last 2 years, has not spoken a word in front of the Primary. No prayer, no scripture, no talk assignment could entice him to utter a single syllable in front of that group of friendly, happy kids.
I seriously questioned whether he would even sit up in the choir seats today.
He did.
And he sang all the words he knew.
And he spoke his part into the microphone.
He used his baby voice, which was completely unintelligible, but he did it!
In front of the entire adult congregation.
Amazing! This kid has met some serious milestones this year.
Robert and Alice did really well, too. Alice took it very seriously, singing and speaking in all earnestness. Robert, well, stood up and sat down with everyone but I didn't see much singing. I could tell from the expression on his face that he didn't feel his speaking part was worth the effort, but he did his duty anyway :)
Nice work, guys!
Sunday, October 22, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment