Yesterday during quiet time, James smeared a jar of petroleum jelly all over Matthew's room. He immediately experienced a lot of solo time while I calmed down to mostly-rational. Had to consult via text with my advisors (Bobby and Rachel), too. We settled on James thoroughly cleaning up the mess and paying for a new jar of petroleum.
Today during quiet time, James broke a slat off of Matthew's bed, climbed up on Matthew's dresser, and scraped some ceiling texture off.
What the HECK?!
What. the. heck.
Two days in a row.
Is James broken?
Am I neglecting some important piece of his moral education?
Is it a lack of self-control...or a blatant willingness to suffer the consequences? Or something else? Does he need more positive attention from me? Or is he just creative with his boredom?
Gotta have a chat with this boy...tomorrow...after I've calmed down to mostly-rational. Need some time to work out a logical consequence for this...he's lost my trust, drained my energy...he's gotta replace that energy drain and work back that trust. But how? Think, think, think. Maybe he'll have some ideas when we chat tomorrow.
Should probably fix the bed first thing.
Wednesday, October 25, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh man :(
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry you have to deal with this. I wish I had some insight to offer.
Ditto what Erin said. So sorry!
ReplyDeleteThis is my James every day. The move is really stressing him. We are still not settled have no routine which is super important to my James. I wish I could put him in preschool because I think it would help us both, but it's just too expensive. We have been doing, "Transforming the Difficult Child" and it helps when I'm rational, not tired or crazy or supposed to be painting something, or have actually thought about it. Ugh, this mommy stuff is hard.
ReplyDelete