Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Car quake

We were driving to the Y this morning, listening to our new favorite CD from They Might Be Giants, when we stopped for a light. Suddenly, I feel the car shaking, kinda swinging back and forth.

What on earth?!

I look back at the boys to see if they're okay and there's Matthew totally rocking out in his seat. He was dancing so hard, the car was quaking! While buckled. Every limb moving, head nodding, eyes squinched shut, but not making a single sound.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is the "cute" bit that makes me so happy and sad.

Thanks, Natalie, for reintroducing me to TMBG. I loved them in high school, but lost track. So happy to see they've put out a few CDs for kids that are just as fun for adults.

IMG_20171121_143138947
Another really cute thing to do: fall asleep in the middle of the day.
I also realized that Matthew gets a lot of attention for his fantastic red furry coat. My mom made it. Alice loved it as a preschooler. I never could put it on Robert or James, but Matthew took to it immediately. People literally gasp when he walks into a room. Not that he enjoys all that attention. He's pretty good at shying away if a stranger tries to engage him too casually.

IMG_20171120_103442072
Riding the horsie at Meijer in his "Elmo coat"

He loves it beyond reason. It doesn't keep him very warm and it's getting harder to put on as his shoulders grow broader, but it's got a totally furry soft outside and a slippery slick inside that he won't give up. He will wear no other jacket or coat.

He will also beg to wear PJs or a swim suit instead of regular play clothes. I let him wear anything to the Y (just to keep the resistance to a minimum) but I make him change from PJs if we're going out in public. His swim suit is fine anywhere but church.

Pbbbsh. Would I have let Alice get away with so much? No way. This fourth kid thing has its perks.

1 comment:

  1. What a fun little guy! Glad you have him. And I'm happy to know he loves the fuzzy jacket.

    ReplyDelete