I'm easing in to my triathlon training. I don't really officially start until Jan 27 (race day April 21), but I'm trying out some of the training stuff in my regular workouts. Like today: 60 minute bike class followed by a 10 minute run.
That. was. hard.
But I did it! And that feels awesome.
It was a preschool day, so I had an hour after my workout to run some errands. I deposited some checks at the bank, hit the library to pick up some holds and return books, dropped by the farm store for feed and straw, brought it all home, loaded up the thrift store donations (by folding down half the seats in the van), dropped it off at the new Urbana location of Salt and Light (*angelic choir singing*), swung home to put the seats back up and re-install car seats, and drove to the preschool to pick up my happy boys. They got to play outside in the snow today :)
That. was. awesome. I couldn't help but say it out loud. I may have sung it, actually.
It's like the day after you have a baby and you go to the bathroom and suddenly realize your bladder has silently and perfectly returned to its original holding capacity. Do you remember that moment? I do, for some strange reason. I had grown accustomed to the change so slowly that I had forgotten what it was like before the change.
I will forget this feeling, too, eventually. But it's nice for right now. It's great to have more energy to be the kind of mom I want to be for my kids.
Wednesday, January 10, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
And all of that was awesome!! So happy for you!
ReplyDeleteAhh yes. This was me last year. E & J in preschool and J napping the whole time they were at school. So no great errand running, but time to do whatever I wanted without being interrupted or distracted. I made dinner, the house was clean, I could read a book. It was awesome. It has been a rough adjustment to not have that (preschool is twice as much here as it was in VB and J doesn't nap anymore [or he's up at 5]) but I'm looking forward to 2.5 years from now.
ReplyDelete