![]() |
| Baby lettuces and baby braising greens. |
![]() |
| Blueberry blossoms. |
Today, I'm a little sad. That's okay, though, because sad days happen and I know they go away. I mostly just need to catch up on sleep.
For my 40th year, I wanted to do something that scared me. The wording of the goal was vague, but I had envisioned finally doing or learning something that I have wanted to do, but been putting off for a long time out of fear.
Like what?
Like SO many things...
...riding in a hot air balloon
...throwing a luncheon
...painting the boys' bedroom
...clothes shopping
...meeting my neighbors
...joining a community group and making friends
...and the list goes on. It's not like I live my life in fear. If I really want to do something, I make it happen. But there are some things that take a little more guts than others, so I put them off until I can't wait any longer.
I'd love to see your own list, if you care to share ;)


Hmmm. Quite a challenge. I have already done some of the things that have scared me like meeting the neighbors when I was literally shaking, offering a Book of Mormon to an acquaintance after a lot of trepidation and second guessing, apologizing for offending, approaching someone about a perceived offense to me to learn their reason, but there are more. I will ponder and get back to you.
ReplyDeleteI love seeing your growing garden. That even makes me happy at a distance. And I hope you got caught up on your sleep and feel better and happy.
ReplyDeleteSorry you're having a sad day. And yes, this too shall pass. Hopefully soon.
ReplyDeleteI did something scary just before reading this: I opened a Roth IRA for myself and college savings for Atticus. WHY was this scary, you ask? I'm not really sure, but I've danced around it for more than a year but finally broke down and did it. Maybe it's because I can't touch that money for years, but my 401K doesn't scare me. But that's out of sight, out of mind.
I'm also terrified of meeting new people and exposing my weaknesses. I've toyed with the idea of joining Toastmasters, and there's a group just down the street from my office who meets at lunchtime, but I haven't quite brought myself to visit or join. I'm not afraid of public speaking, but I am afraid of looking like a fool or realizing I'm not as good as I think I am. :(
I have a solution to your one fear of painting the boys' bedroom. :o)
ReplyDelete