 |
| Waiting in our third (and final) line to ride on a tethered hot air balloon. |
I took James and Matthew on a mom-time adventure last night to the Hot Air Balloon Festival in Danville, IL. It was a late night, and a lot of waiting, but a lot of fun. We got to ride in a hot air balloon!! We played a few carnival games, bounced on inflatables, climbed on giant tractors, indulged in a couple quintessential fair treats, and stayed up waaaaay too late. Everyone slept in until 8am this morning! 6am is more typical for us.
 |
| Elephant ear and a lemon shake-up. |
 |
| The balloons lining up for the "night glow". |
The hot air balloon ride surprised me. I've wanted to ride in a hot air balloon for as long as I can remember. I did not anticipate how hot nor how loud the flame would be. I couldn't gave guessed how gracefully the whole thing moved up and down. What an experience!
We plan to go next year as a whole family :) On the Friday, not the Saturday ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment