Friday, July 12, 2019

Time and Space = Better Balance

Breakthrough!!

I should not schedule activities back-to-back, even if I can physically manage the close timing. I experimented this week with my scheduling and discovered that an hour between appointments is just about right. It's not enough time to get heavily involved in something new (like a personal project), but it's enough time to make significant headway on housekeeping tasks and other management issues that pop up...all those unschedule-able things that must be addressed anyway.

I've been trying this since my epiphany on June 28th.

We did go on vacation for a week right afterwards, of course, but the mindset remained. Since incorporating more "white space" into my calendar between events...

I haven't felt overwhelmed.

I haven't felt like a mom failure.

I have a little time to blog.

I enjoy my kids a little more.

The house is *slightly* more organized and clean (this has never been my strength anyway).

It's a good start! A better balance.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a great realization and what great results! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete