Thursday, February 2, 2023

Pictures :)

 

James' class was practicing Facts vs. Opinions and this was what he wrote. My favorites are "I think water has a taste" and "I think fish aren't very good pets."


Matthew's class was also working on Fact vs. Opinion. His opinion was, "I think snakes are cute." This morning, Matthew asked me if babies were still cute even when they barfed. Give me a baby sneeze any day, but barfing? Ugh. 


I got more chicks. Robert's first response was an emphatic and exasperated, "Again?!" Yes, my child, I have a problem. James and Matthew were much more receptive. They even consented to let the chicks live in their room since we're short a bathroom for the next several weeks. This breed is called Starlight Green Egger. They're the cross between a breed that lays blue eggs and a breed that lays brown eggs. Thus, they are good layers and the eggshells are varying shades of green. The kids aren't allowed to claim or name any of them. They're all MINE.


Our family finally got Covid last month. Here's Matthew in his sick bed on day 2. We were especially concerned about Matthew catching it because his asthma is almost exclusively triggered by viral infections. I had resigned myself to the fact that if Matthew contracted Covid, we'd end up in the emergency room one way or another. As soon as he tested positive, I sent out a plea to his grandparents for prayers on his behalf. Seriously, folks, grandparents' prayers are powerful. Any time I let them know of something we're concerned about, things clear up beautifully. Well, Matthew felt sick for maybe 24-36 hours and then he was his normal self. No asthma, no lingering effects. Maybe his age helped (Covid hit the rest of us much, much harder than that), but that's not the whole story. I'm grateful for family and the power of prayer.


Here's Alex sporting his Invisalign braces and the Spider Man action figure custom-made with his own face. He was thrilled, even if it doesn't reeeeeally look like him.


Snow fun! Haven't had much of that this year.


"Things I think I would love" by James 1) being the owner of a bank, speeding away on a boat with treasure and dollar bills flying out behind him. 2) a rocket fueled by gold.


The WEIRDEST baby carrot we've ever seen in our lives. It looked like the outer layer unfurled completely and lost its core. It was a sheet of carrot. Matthew assures me it was delicious.

Robert doesn't do pictures anymore, or else I'd share something from him, too. He made an ugly but fantastically delicious strawberry cherry Jell-O cake last week. That was delightful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment