For the most part this was a fairly normal week. I have been finishing up one project at work and will be starting on a new one with a new group on Monday. It has been very interesting lately. I am now on the third project since I started 8 months ago. That seems to be about the average there a new project every three to six months, but it is much faster paced then Motorola was.
This week Susan has been playing around with a few different software packages for video messaging. We have tried iChat and Yahoo! Messenger. Both of them had problems for someone. We have now discovered www.tokbox.com and basically if you have an Internet connection you can watch our video, and if you have a webcam then we can see you too. If you would like to set up cross country play dates with Alice, or Susan feel free to e-mail us and we can get it all set up.
This week is Stake Conference, so instead of being to church bright and early we are having a lazy Sunday morning. We don’t have to be at Church until 1:00 today and it is throwing off our routine a little. Last night was the adult session. Susan went and I stayed home with Alice. Next time I get to go. Susan said that one of the speakers used Grandma Luce’s parable about the pebble.
“A small trouble is like a pebble. Hold it close to-your eye and it fills the whole world and puts everything out of focus. Hold it at a proper viewing distance and it can be examined and given its proper niche. Throw it at your feet and it can be seen in its true setting, just one more tiny bump on the pathway to eternity.”
It kind of surprised Susan a lot to hear it. I am sure Grandma would be happy that it has come as far as it has.
Sunday, May 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment