Monday, July 21, 2008
Bobby's Sunday Summary (On Monday)
This week was spent almost entirely in California. I flew out Monday afternoon to San Francisco. I spent the week in Sunnyvale getting some training and talking to some people that I will be working with. On Friday I flew home, but there were problems. There almost always are problems when you fly through O’Hare. The plane we were booked on had mechanical problems before it left Chicago, so our flight was delayed several hours. We got on the plane and then had to wait about an hour for the plane to be refueled. Apparently there were also high winds in Chicago earlier in the day so when the plane landed we had to wait about 45 min to go across the jet bridge. Then we rushed to our next flight. It really wasn’t our next flight, it was a flight to Champaign, but we were not booked on it, because our flight had left several hours earlier. We managed to get on that flight just as the doors were closing. We then sat on the tarmac for about another hour, as we creped one and a half times around the airport in line to take off. I finally made it home at about 11 pm, only 4 hours late. Needless to say Susan also did not have a very good day. She was supposed to pick me up at the airport, and because of the combination of her not having a cell phone, and me with my cell phone off, because I was on a plane, she ended up spending a lot more time then she would have liked at the airport. But now we are all home again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment