Thursday, July 10, 2008

Memory Tag

This looked like fun. Participate if you like. Ignore it if you prefer.

1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!

2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you. If you don't want to play on your blog, or if you don't have a blog, I'll leave my memory of you in my comments.

7 comments:

  1. So, you were so nice on my blog I even registered with this site so that I could leave a comment! My first memory of Susan was at a barbecue 2 years ago- I was very pregnant, very shy and very nervous about making new friends in the ward. The girls were all sitting in the living room and Susan started telling me about Aldi and what an interesting experience it was. It sounded like a horrid place to me, and Susan said, grinning, "Oh we've just got to go some time." I thought it strange that she wanted me to go grocery shopping with her... :-)

    The thing that impresses me most about Susan is her smile. Susan is always smiling, her eyes always twinkling- (even more so since Alice was born if that's possible) and it makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One memory I have with Susan is when she was nice enough to let me hang out with her all day during Jake and Karen's wedding. I remember having so much fun with her and Bobby, taking pictures, laughing at various family members, and just having a good time. I'm glad I get to be her sister-in-law and that I live close enough that we can spend more time together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hard to narrow it down to one memory; they all kind-of blur together! I can hardly believe it was 11 years ago when we were ACCESS girls . . . living in dorms that have now been torn down and just trying to figure out life in the big city. That was a great summer. Thanks for taking me to "Temple Singing" and letting me go visit your family in A.F. and for pushing my crappy car up 2nd Avenue and for being my best friend for a little while. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember visiting your little basement apartment in Salt Lake with Julia. (I'm sure it happened more than once) Bobby showed us his colection of old school video games for the atari. I know, kind of random, but it was the first memory that came to mind :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess I'll choose the very first memory, as there are too many to do it real justice. I remember trying to break my summer monotony and wandering Orchard Downs with little Daniel in the evening humidity. Lo and behold, a Uhaul, pulled by a truck bearing Utah plates and modest shorts. Yes! I felt for you poor people moving in to Orchard Downs, but great for me. Eventually, your Mom said hello to the weirdo watching people moving in, we helped a bit hauling stuff in, and really got to know you. I felt at ease immediately and knew, just from looking, that you were a "keeper" (or should I say, like Amy Bucey, that we'd be "tight"). The years have proved that right.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I meant people wearing modest shorts not a truck bearing modest shorts, can't I edit my post?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, which do I choose? The first that came to mind was the night we watched "Return to Me" about a week before I got married and you moved out. We were both so stressed out and emotional, and when I got choked up at the end of the movie and started to sniff/gasp in the credits, we both lost it and sobbed uncontrollably. We'd be ok for a while, then one of us would sniff, and it was all over. We laughed through the sobs, but we didn't fully regain composure for a couple hours, I think. It was a cathartic moment, and one of my favorite sister memories.

    ReplyDelete