Friday, December 12, 2008

All things 'baby'

Okay, I'm finally willing to admit that Alice may have a thing for babies. She plays with her baby most of the day. If not actively feeding, changing, dressing, napping, walking, or dancing her dear Baby, she's got him/her clutched under her arm while she plays other things. Baby gets his/her diaper changed before she does. In her Nursery class at church, she collects baby dolls. When we pull out our flannel board story, she grabs the baby and keeps him in her sweaty palm all day, gleefully squealing "baby!" at regular intervals.

I caught her flipping through the December issue of the Ensign which is chock-full of baby pictures...baby Jesus, families in need, etc....and pointing out all the babies.

Untitled

Real live babies are interesting, and she'll let us know if there's one within 100 yards, but she doesn't try to play with them. Good thing. She can be a little TOO nurturing, if you know what I mean. I'm excited for Alice to meet her upcoming cousins (due in Feb and Mar) and curious to see if regular baby interaction will change her enthusiasm for the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment