Sunday, December 21, 2008

Bobby's Sunday Summary

This week has been a crazy week whether wise.  We have had feezing-rain, snow, and a few false alarms, oh and an anniversary too.  The worst of the whether did not hit us directly but we have certainly been effected by it.  I took last Wednesday off to celebrate our anniversary.  We drove over to Indiana to go to the Beef House for lunch.  It was a lot of fun.  The next day I worked from home.  The radio was saying that we were going to get freezing rain in the afternoon, and Susan needed someone to watch Alice in the morning.  We both of those reasons ended up being a bust.  Susan found someone to watch Alice that wasn’t me, and the rain did not show up until much later in the evening.  The next day I thought about staying home, but Susan decided for me that I would be going to work.  Apparently I am a bit of a distraction when I am home.  The roads were not too bad, and almost no one was on them so it was not bad at all.

Friday night however ended up being very bad.  They had been predicting bad things all day Friday.  Well we got some snow and slush but nothing too bad.  Then a cold front moved in.  We have been below freezing ever since and there is about a 1/3 of an inch of ice over everything.  Unfortunately, even though the storm did not hit us very hard it prevented Julia from coming to visit us.  That meant at the last minute Susan had to find someone else to go to the ball with, and we had to come up with quite an inventive babysitting arrangement.  I will let Susan blog about the details/pictures of the evening though.

1 comment:

  1. I am still disappointed that the trip was a bust, but relieved that I didn't have to deal with the ice. I do snow very well; ice not so much.

    Am waiting very eagerly for the pictures! I can't wait to see what the dress looked like!

    ReplyDelete