Monday, December 15, 2008

(dare I even blog about it?!)

(I'm writing this post in parentheses because it's kind of, well, revealing. I type it in a hushed whisper with a little smile on my face, still debating internally whether it's something I really want to share, and yet being TOO excited to keep it all to myself. Okay, I'll share.)

I'm going to a ball! A Christmas Ball thrown Pride and Prejudice style...English country dancing. Bobby has opted to stay home, dear man. He humored me many months ago when I planned a group date to an English country dance class. Dear, sweet man. He sure does love me. This time, Bobby is staying home with the babe and I am attending the ball with my Pride and Prejudice buddy, Julia, who will be in town this weekend. What fun!

This is not a side of me I indulge in often, nor is it something I make known to many people outside my old college buds, but I do love a good country dance...

"It is your turn to say something now, Mr. Darcy. I talked about the dance, and you ought to make some kind of remark on the size of the room, or the number of couples." (Pride and Prejudice, Chapter 18)

6 comments:

  1. You never cease to amaze me...though I wasn't TOTALLY amazed, just amazed. Have a "ball," or a blast, rather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! Jan and I both love everything Jane Austen. I'm not sure I'd have the slightest clue how to dance though!

    (Do they provide fake Darcys to dance with? On that note: how DO they handle 500 women signing up for this, and only a handful of men? Do the reverse of ladies' night with no cover charge for men? ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only WISH they had extra Darcys to dance with! Smoldering eyes and such.

    The ratio of men to women last time was pretty good. It's put on by a group of people who get together and have regular classes/dances open to the public. They teach the dances every time, ask you to switch partners for every dance, and often put experienced ones with novices. A newbie will dance almost every dance, which can be exhausting even WITHOUT all the romantic intrigue of those smoldering eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How could you not want to blog about it?! That sounds like so much fun! Do you wear costumes? If so, we need pictures for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. "A ball? Oh, I long for a ball, and so does Denny!"
    "Most passionately."

    I'm totally jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I learn something new about you all the time. I never took you for the type to do that kind of thing. That sounds like a ton of fun. And I also want to see pictures :-)

    ReplyDelete