This has been a rather interesting week. The first half of the week was in Illinois getting ready to travel. Wednesday was spent flying to CA. It was not a fun experience. The plane ride itself was not that bad. In fact it would have been rather pleasant except an hour into the first leg of the flight, to Las Vegas, Alice coughed a little bit too much and lost all of the contents of her stomach onto my shirt. The flight attendants were very nice. They washed out Alice's clothes and set them to try under the fans, which worked out very well. I did not have an extra shirt so I ended up wearing my jacket for the rest of the flight. Once in Las Vegas, I was able to find a shirt on sale and changed.
So far California has been a lot of fun. Pictures are coming. We went to a children's museum and a park. Alice has been getting a lot more daring. She climbed up a slide on her own and climbed up a ladder too. She has had a lot of fun playing with her friends here. And ate some really good mexican food. Something that is very very difficult to find at home.
Sunday, February 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Bobby, I have learned that not only do I pack extra clothes for the kidlets, but for ME too....just for the exact same reason as you now know. Sorry...but glad you found a shirt!
ReplyDeleteWow that is rough! I love though that the flight attendants have a plan for such occasions :) I wonder how often they are drying clothes under fans?
ReplyDeleteBeen there, done that. I swear, those gift shops in the airport probably make a significant percentage of their income selling clothing to puked-on passengers on layovers. We have a Phoenix shirt for the same reason. Mary got jealous that Sam got a new shirt, of course, so, like the good understanding mother that I am I told her, "if you puke on your shirt we will buy you a new one, too."
ReplyDelete