Monday, March 15, 2010

37 weeks

Baby Zurg has officially stayed in utero longer than Alice did. It was a monumental moment, actually, when my water DIDN'T break at 10 pm on Wednesday, March 10th...the moment I apparently held in reserve for Zurg's labor to start. Since then, I've decided to forget about the fact that I have no control over the timing of his birth and just go back to living my life. My calendar is pretty full this week :) He's also moving around less (getting pretty cramped in there) and I think I actually got used to the annoying physical aches and pains this week. Prayers of friends and family certainly made a difference. Thanks to you for that.

I met with Kristi Higgs this morning, another midwife. It was a cheerful meeting and I was happy to have met with her again. Each midwife is SO different. I ask the same question to each one and each response is slightly different. Kristi invited me to have the baby this Wednesday while she's on call. I said that would work well for me. Bobby agrees, though we might have to name the babe Patrick or Joshua-Zurg in honor of the two males we've ever associated with St. Patrick's Day ;)

We received our official Federal Census 2010 packet today, but we can't fill it out until we know whether Baby Zurg gets to be included this time around. You're supposed to fill it out for your household as of April 1st, 2010. If he's not born by then, he won't be recorded on a census until he's 10.

"C'mon, buddy, it's a census! You don't want to miss this!"

No comments:

Post a Comment