Sunday, March 7, 2010

Bobby's Sunday Summary

This week has been a bit of an odd one, and most of it centered around monday. Monday morning at about 3 am I woke up with abdominal pain. I thought it was just gas so I got up moved around a bit but it didn't go away. Fearing the worst I went to the walk in clinic to see a doctor. I actually did see a doctor, not even a resident, which is a little odd at this walk up clinic, I guess they were fearing the worst too. Well he felt my belly to see if it was sore, and it was so he sent me to the emergency room to be checked for appendicitis. He said that they would probably have to do an ultrasound to be sure what it was. So Susan dropped me off at the emergency room. I checked in, peed in a cup, and got in a hospital gown. Long story short I spent $300 plus dollars for them to feel my belly, check that I don't have kidney stones, and to do a small jump. No ultrasound, or cat scan or anything like that. Apparently I didn't double over in pain after doing a small jump so I didn't have it. They sent me home, but wanted me to cal back in if there were any problems. They thought it was heartburn. Well I will spare you the details, but I probably had some food poisoning, or stomach flu.

Unfortunately, my manager was traveling when I set her an e-mail saying that I was taking a sick day. So there was a lot of confusion at work about where I was. Also that day my work laptop died. It would not show anything on the screen, but everything else worked. On Tuesday I was able to get it replaced very quickly, but the replacement is really beat up compared to what I had before. So when it rains it pours, but everything is fine now.

1 comment:

  1. Yikes! I'm glad everything seems to be ok now. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete