This week has felt kind of crazy, but I think it was all yesterday. Yes I know that this sounds a lot like last weeks post. Yesterday we spent several hours freezing 100+ ears of corn that we bought. Last week was blue berries so it was very different. It did not involve nearly as much heat as this one did. We created a make shift blanket door in between the kitchen and the rest of the house. We then spend several hours trying hard to boil enough water to make it hotter and more humid in our kitchen then outside, which had a excessive heat advisory. Let me say we succeeded with flying colors, we even opened the window to try and cool things off.
We also decided that we were going to try and have a bar-b-queue with some friends last night. It turned out really well. We made pulled pork, corn on the cob, and veggies. Our friends brought cake for dessert, and a really tasty salad. But today I am exhausted.
The rest of the week was good too. Susan already talked about Robert's 100th day and I really don't know if there is much more to talk about. Sorry no pictures or videos of the fun yesterday.
So is freezing your own corn cheaper than buying frozen corn, or does it just taste better?
ReplyDeleteIt tastes a whole lot better.
ReplyDelete