Sunday, October 31, 2010

Dapper Dan

In the midst of the crazy house updates, I suddenly realize that my kids are ill prepared for winter weather. We have to get the boy a coat, at least. Socks might help, too. So we zip out to our local kids' clothes consignment store and have a look. We end up with a coat, winter shoes, warm PJs, and a couple winter dresses...still no socks *sigh*. I get lucky, though, and find a nifty vest and tie just right for my little man. Couple them with pants and a shirt from a cousin and ta da! Fancy-dressed man.



I love to see him gussied up. I never got into dressing Alice fancy (probably because fancy girls are usually frilly and froofy), but I can't get enough of this boy in dress clothes. One drawback: all of these items are sized 2T, and yet his neck is still too large to button the top button on the shirt.

4 comments:

  1. Dressed up little girls do NOT have to be frilly and froofy. My girls often look like Ladies Going Out to Lunch. But it can definitely be difficult to sift through the fashions available. Many of the styles in stores this fall were punk-goth. I don't care if you put a pink bow on top of the skull, I still don't want my daughter wearing it.
    I hear you about dressed up little men. I'm enjoying this a little too much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Usually I think girl clothes are way more fun, but when it comes to dress-up clothes, I'm 100% with you! I can't get enough of little guys in their dressiest. Robert is quite the little stud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "We represent the lollypop guild, the lollypop guild, the lollypop guild..."

    I'm totally digging that vest! I don't usually dress Atticus up much, but maybe he needs one of those (ironically in the same size as Robert's).

    Oh, and I've been meaning to tell you that Atty loves looking at your blog, especially the videos of Alice. He asks me to play them over and over. Maybe we need to start video chatting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Robert looks so adorable! I love how that looks on him, all dressed up. Please, post more pictures of him like that! :)

    ReplyDelete