That's the kitchen floor half done. Good man! Stove moved, fridge in the entryway (tight squeeze!), kitchen table in the middle of the living room (an emotionally exhausting disruption, no matter how necessary and temporary it may be), and lots of dust everywhere. Most of the dust, thankfully, is in Bobby's make-shift workshop:
The kids and I played there all morning while Bobby was at his pre-church meetings. It is literally the only open floor space in our house larger than 3'x3'. See how this home remodeling can be so emotionally exhausting? Here's a snippet of the fun:
I hear, "Mom, look at Robert!" several times a day. Sometimes it really pays off to look at the kid :) In this video, he's reaching for the dishwasher cord and the natural gas pipeline for our stove. I promptly moved the stove back into position.
Alice invented a new game on our new floor this morning. She dances around and you try to hit her feet with beanbags. You only win if you hit her six times out of six. This is gonna take some practice on my part.


No comments:
Post a Comment