Last week, for our "Saturday Family Fun" event, we made a craft. I've been wanting to try out some freezer paper stenciling, so we cracked open the fabric paint and experimented on a couple old/stained shirts. Alice wanted "a bat, a pumpkin, a bat, a pumpkin, a bat, and then a pumpkin." I think it came out nicely. She did most of the painting herself. Then, when I selected a fat little hen to paint on my t-shirt, Alice decided she also needed a baby chick and an egg (She tells me often, "Where you go, I go."). The chick stencil was created by Bobby. Alice put in the feet herself freehand.
The shirt is OBVIOUSLY too small...it seems like only yesterday when I threw it onto the "hopelessly stained" pile. She's actually posing in this picture to make a silhouette of herself that we then painted onto another extremely small and stained shirt. I won't show you here 'cuz it's not modest, but it's pretty cute. On Monday morning, as she ran into preschool, her first words to Mrs. Strom were an emphatic "Guess what?! I painted my shirt!"
I wonder what else she tells her teacher out of context :)
Friday, October 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment