Thursday, December 1, 2011

I know I'm feeling stressed when...

...I roll out of bed craving my Google Reader. Floating in the blogosphere is a blissful step away from the reality of poopy morning diapers, dinner dishes still on the table from last night, and an email inbox full of "need this ASAP" requests.

...I crave a handful of chocolate chips after breakfast. Just a little pick-me-up, y'know?

Things will get better next week as the paperwork and deadlines move out of my inbox into someone else's. We will need to get our current roof fixed too, apparently. I'm grateful for a competent and honest handyman who's certified to make all the repairs we'll need. I can't say enough about the awesome professionals I've come to know in this process. It's intimidating to step into something I'm SO unfamiliar with (despite my best efforts to prepare) and admit I just don't have the time or desire to become an expert in any of it. Self-sufficiency is important to me, but I don't expect to be able to do everything right now.

And I did resist the chocolate chip craving until after lunch when the handyman left, we had a new home insurance quote (over the phone), Alice had a gold star from the dentist, and I made an appointment for Bobby and me to meet with our mortgage broker...again. I couldn't manage a babysitter on such short notice at such an awkward time, but we'll make do :) They must have a couple stray lollipops hanging around their office somewhere. Speaking of which, time to wake up Robert, bundle the kidlets, and head out to said meeting.

Things will get a lot better tomorrow.

Whew.

No comments:

Post a Comment