Everything is settled now. The mold in our new home wasn't as bad as we thought. Now all the inspection issues with our current home and our future home have been resolved. It turns out that "early possession" would require us to give up several safety clauses in our contract that we aren't willing to go without. Ta da! Decision made.
We will help our friends move out on Wednesday, then we'll move into their house on Thursday and close on our current house on Friday. We'll camp out in limbo until we close on our new house the next Wednesday. I am SUPER relieved to be staying at the Bair's house, by the way: washer/dryer, 3 bedrooms, full-size kitchen, sparkling clean fridge, and stable neighbors. What a joy! You can't get that at the Extended Stay Inn. We'll move from the Bair's to our new house a couple days before Bobby's parents fly in for Christmas. Christmas in our new place! Then we get back to work scheduling all the repairs we want done on the new house.
There's been a stomach flu making the rounds. Two families I normally call on for babysitting have been knocked out of commission, so Alice and Robert got to come with me to the mold inspection and an appointment with the optometrist today (did I mention I tore my last contact lens this morning?). They were quite well-behaved at both appointments. Your prayers are creating miracles after all :) I have no room for complaint, however, since one of those barfing families happens to be the Bair's. They could probably use a few prayers, too.
Monday, December 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment