We enjoyed our first Christmas morning in our new home today. Alice is awash in pink princessey happiness (Erin, she's already eaten two meals in the dress you gave her. We wouldn't let her wear it to church, despite it's excellent quality and formal nature. She and Bobby are currently attending a ball in the dining room). Robert is up to his elbows in string cheese and tangerines, happy as can be. There is so much to share with the move and our new house and Christmas! I'll never catch it all again well enough to frame it on the blog. Suffice it to say the stress and uncertainty ended when we left the closing table with new keys in our hand. This is the right place for us and the transition has been more fun than I had anticipated. I get to put real roots down here. Everything feels different.
Bobby's parents are in town and we're having them break in our guest room. Several neighbors have already come by to introduce themselves and bring us treats. Families with kids! Bobby's been home full-time since the move, too. I'm in a strange dream world of fun, time, new promise, and plenty of help to do everything I want to do. It's dreamy :)
Sunday, December 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yeah Susan! Glad you are loving the new house!!!!
ReplyDelete