My northern neighbors had a fence company come out this week to give them an estimate for replacing the split-rail fence. I happened to be working with a friend in my garden when the guy came by. Turns out, our neighbors truly intend to replace the fence only up to the current grapevine and honeysuckle mess. Interesting. They are replacing 75 feet of a 100-foot fence that is falling apart all over. Not the same choice I would make, but it turns out I don't care about the fence much anymore.
I've made more measurements and researched brambles more. There just isn't enough sunny space on the north side of our house to fit a berry trellis next to a fence. Any fence. The only way to grow healthy berries along that side yard would be ON a fence. I've decided against that scenario (thanks to input from friends and family). Sooooo, that opens up the space for other gardening developments that don't require so much space (asparagus? rhubarb? sunflowers? dahlias?), and forces the question: If brambles, then where? Where indeed? Gotta think about this more.
Friday, August 24, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment