Friday, October 19, 2012

James Upgrade


Yes, ladies and gentlemen, he's cordless! More portable than ever and quite the functional accessory for every new mom on the go. Now we can bathe him properly and dress him in full outfits. Huzzah. He's fattening up nicely, too, starting to look less red and more pinkish. Alice actually went so far today as to call him chubby. And for your "way too much information" pleasure, I've snapped picts of all three kids' belly buttons (presented in semi-random order to protect their privacy...um, if that's even possible when your bellybutton is now posted on the internet). My grandmother wouldn't even say the word bellybutton and here I am *sigh*. I did warn you that I go a little crazy when I'm sleep-deprived, right? James' button should be the easiest to spot.


My mom went home today. And since I managed to type that without crying, I must be doing better. It's been a much harder physical recovery for me this time around and we REALLY needed her every second she was here. I will need to let some time pass before going into any further details. It's been a raw couple of weeks. Getting out of bed this morning was an act of faith.

Bobby worked from home today mostly for emotional support. I didn't know if I could do it on my own. I still don't know how the next week will go exactly, but today went okay. The kids seemed extra nice to each other for some reason and James was quietly happy and awake most of the afternoon as long as someone was holding him up. My mom was probably praying for us all day ;) Thanks, Mom.

Here are a few more pictures. I still can't decide who he looks like most.




6 comments:

  1. He gets cuter and cuter with every picture. I see a lot more of you than Bobby in him. And I know I keep saying this, but we are here for whatever you need, whether it be meals, someone to talk to, babysitting, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan each new child is a joy but also a challenge....and as I've gotten older sleep deprivation has taken an even greater toll on me in terms of recovery and disruption of schedule. There is definitely some of that to be expected. That being said it you find yourself struggling emotionally please talk to the midwives about it. I went on with Gigi and said I've got post parting, what are my options. Except any help that comes your way, be patient with yourself, lower your expectations on how long you think recovery should take and how much you should be doing, and know there is only help out there if you need an extra boost, not shame. I'll keep you in my prayers and please definitely let the midwives know if this is out of the ordinary for you. He's looking good! I'm guessing Robert, James , Alice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's a cute baby. I still remember when Alice was a baby and we had a Zion's Market at church and I saw her and thought "Wow. She is cute." I think it surprised me, because I knew there were/are a lot of babies that I don't think are cute. All yours just seem to have it all right. (and for the record I've liked mine too :).

    I'll second the motion to make sure you ask for help, especially if you are really struggling emotionally. Things have gotten much easier for me, part of it was probably just time, but actually having a conversation regarding my mental health with a medical professional, then consequently with my husband, and in bits and pieces with my mother, sister and mother-in-law, I've been able to get back on track much quicker than I think I would have if I had just not said anything and waited for life to settle down. Wishing you sleep, health, and happy children.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is so adorable! Congratulations. Wish I could help you out right now--you helped me so much when Sarah was born and while we were moving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness -- he is so handsome! really.

    And if you think of any good jobs for me to do to help you out, let me know. Take your library books back for ya?

    ReplyDelete
  6. How is it possible that the five other people that commented did not mention the belly buttons!?!?! I am busting up over here.

    ReplyDelete