Matthew seems so big to me (14.4 pounds according to our home scale, growing out of his first few 0-3 month outfits), but I regain perspective when I see his teeny body next to his gigantic, active, loud, and lively siblings:
| Robert built a little bed for Matthew out of folded blankets. |
Please forgive the fuzzy pictures. I was trying to take them while James was wrestling me and Bobby at the same time. Like so:
Maybe that's why Matthew was having such a good time. Anyway, do you see how tiny Matthew appears in context? It never fails to surprise me.
Life is good here. The vacation fun is wearing a little thin, but everything changes again tomorrow. Alice will be off visiting family in Texas this week. I'm curious to see who will miss her more: me or Robert.
Matthew has had a bit of a runny nose this week, but nothing a nasal aspirator doesn't fix in a jiffy. He's still mild-mannered and generally content. We've been really, really blessed so far with such an easy-going guy. And I've been blessed with so much of Bobby's paternity leave and vacation days. Thank you, Yahoo!
We're looking for something new and exciting to do for New Year's this year. We might travel to a nearby metropolis to visit friends or play at a children's museum or both. Gotta figure that out soon, eh?


No comments:
Post a Comment