Friday, February 6, 2015

100 Days


Robert tells me Matthew can smile with just his mouth or with his mouth and eyes together. Smiling eyes. Matthew watches his older siblings at play. Every time Robert brings his face close to Matthew's face (which is about 100 times a day), Matthew opens his mouth reeeeeeally wide. It makes Robert laugh and want to play with him more.

Matthew turns 100 days old today.

1 Day

10 Days

100 Days


Forever ago, I was listening to a story on NPR and learned that people in some parts of Asia will celebrate a child's 100th day of life by giving gifts to others. It's a day of gratitude. I decided right then that I would celebrate the 100th day of each of my future children, should I have any, in like manner.


Since then, I have noted each child's 100th day. And even a couple 1000th days.

I haven't managed to give any gifts away. Yet.

I want to give something meaningful and useful and beautiful. Something that represents how grateful I am to have had each of these babies that long.

I've considered planting trees in their names. Or maybe donating funds to a library or school.

Any suggestions?


2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful little boy!! I love his eyes and his whole face! All your children are beautiful, and all so different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I just love your blog! I just enjoyed catching up on some of your more recent posts, which are always well written and worth reading. You inspire me to be better about recording the family memories that are interesting and meaningful.

    I don't have any good gift suggestions. Sorry! I have always been a rather terrible gift giver myself, but I'm fascinated by this 100th day tradition!

    ReplyDelete