Monday, February 2, 2015

Chewing Habit

I bought my 2.25-year-old dude a teething toy today because he just can't stop gnawing. If it's in his hand, it's in his mouth. If it's in front of his mouth, it's in his mouth. He's dismantled cardboard boxes, books, and Barbie dolls with just his teeth. He's also chewed open acorns and bouncy balls. Most of the time, it's done mindlessly, but he's now left his distinct mark on dining room chairs, CDs, eating utensils, and windowsills...


James was here.
Our house does not contain lead paint, thankfully.

He's not teething anymore.

Did we take the pacifier away too soon? Too late? 

Is it a nervous tick? An outlet for anxiety?

What's up?!

1 comment:

  1. I used to chew on the couches. I remember how they tasted. I have no scientific answers for you other than that it's fun and feels good to bite things.

    ReplyDelete