Sunday, July 31, 2016

40 weeks

This upcoming Sunday will mark my 40th week as a Primary teacher in my church (Primary =Sunday School for kids 3-11years old, I teach the 6-year-olds). Some weeks are easier than others. After a trying week, I sometimes go back and count up how many lessons I've taught. It gives me perspective :)

My class has matured a lot over the last 40 weeks. The prescribed activities in the lesson manual no longer reach the kids' level of understanding and interest. The doctrine remains the same, the Spirit is the same, but my 6-year-olds don't do finger plays, and they never want to sing or learn songs, y'know? It makes lesson prep a little more interesting.

Anyway, just wanted to note the milestone.

20160730_191716
Bobby snapped this photo during one of our bedtime stories last night. Can you spot all four kids?

3 comments:

  1. I thought there were only two kids in the picture. Glad you pointed out there are four. Pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you teach the 6 year olds too! They are a harder group than I remember them. I've only finished my 3rd week, so I am still trying to remember where I put all of my primary stuff so I can get it out and use it. We made FHE kits two weeks ago and they were a big hit. We used the story and game from the Friend Jr. We read the story and talked about it so they were all familiar with it, then they colored the pictures for the game. Then I sent home instructions so they child could teach the lesson. Coloring yesterday was crash and burn, the whole lesson was crash and burn. oh well.

    ReplyDelete