Anyway, she's grown extra attached to this kid recently. She came home from "work" on Friday and decided to bake him a batch of sugar cookies. With only the smallest degree of intervention, Alice did it. She also made him a sock monkey.
I didn't see the boy's reaction when she presented him with these gifts, but I do know that she was a beaming ball of joy every moment she spent planning, preparing, and delivering them to him.
The next day, she and her neighborhood friend harvested every edible fruit and veggie from our garden (mostly cucumber) and put it in a salad with various and sundry ingredients from the fridge (3 kinds of cheese, raspberry vinaigrette, sugar, additional fruits and veggies). It was a sight to behold:
She and her friend loved it! They divvied the final product and Alice donated her share to our dinner that night. I decided to try it...no one else in the fam would :( The salad was mostly cucumber, kinda sour, and I believe they included at least two half-rotten blackberries by accident, but I applauded their efforts all the same. They want to make something like this every season. I suggested apple pie for fall...


The girlie is amazing - and those cookies look impressive!
ReplyDeleteGo Alice!
ReplyDeleteWow! Alice is growing up too fast! What a lovely young woman she is becoming! I'm so impressed with her desire to do for others and her talent to carry out her ideas.
ReplyDelete