Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Kitchen Update

Now that the kitchen is mostly, pretty much, almost, kinda getting towards finished, I've stopped updating. Did I even post a picture of it with the new counter tops? I can't remember. I didn't get much sleep last night ;)

Well, here it is (again?) for you:
20160706_124224
Flooring, lighting, cabinets, appliances, and counter tops in!
The layout has made all my kitchen wishes and dreams come true. I am so, so pleased. It's not 100% finished, though, with odds and ends still pending.

Electric: need one more smoke detector and need four old wall outlets changed to tamper-resistant outlets.

Plumbing: repair a wonky extra kink in the U-bend and fix the angle that the dishwasher drain is attached to the garbage disposal. The contractor promised me that the plumber would come at the time he was scheduled, stay on-site until the job was done (meaning he'll have all the parts he'll need with him), and get it done in about an hour. I'm skeptical, to say the least. He's scheduled to arrive Friday morning at 10...beware of pigs flying and hell freezing over.

Ceiling: paint (happening Saturday morning)

Flooring: patch holes in the grout, put in a transition strip at the bathroom door (happening next Friday)

General contractor: fix some trim problems and a cabinet door that won't stay aligned

Backsplash: I've asked my interior design friend for a few ideas. I just want something that's consistent with the design choices we've already made and won't attract too much attention on its own. I don't need glamour or flashy or popular. I want classic, functional, and uncomplicated.



3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful kitchen! It looks just like a picture in a magazine. And it looks like it will be easy to use too. Glad it's coming together finally. Hopefully to actually be finished soon. Didn't see any pigs flying over but I hope the plumber still came and did as expected. I love the under cabinet lights!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we need to come see you and check out your arrangements! :o)

    ReplyDelete