Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Rebounding!

I had the energy to resume my normal workouts today. That's a win! And I managed to maintain a 9:30min mile for 2 miles. That's big for me too!

Alice has joined the track team and she loves it so far. We went together to purchase her first pair of real running shoes. And since Bobby and I do a little running these days, it's fun to think I/we might get to run with Alice sometime soon.

With track practice twice a week and all of her teachers expecting more from her than ever before, it was time to cut something out of Alice's extracurricular activities. It was a long, hard, tear-filled, and frustrating decision for Alice because she loves everything she does, but she finally settled on pausing her piano lessons until the end of the semester. I am amazed with this girl...so freakishly responsible and self-aware, so logical and empathetic, so capable of this growing up thing. I've said it before, and I'll say it a thousand times before I'm done: She makes us look like good parents, but I swear she just came that way. I love to watch her work.

I get to order seeds for the garden today!! Which is great, since the Coronavirus apocalypse will quarantine us at home for months and all the stores will run out of fresh produce.

No comments:

Post a Comment