Alice made a lemon pineapple coconut trifle today for Family Home Evening treat. It was fabulous! The kids made me promise not to eat the rest of it after they went to bed. Smart, smart kids.
James set a new record today by earning 7 time-outs. Unprecedented. That's no trifle. He earned them by harassing siblings after they politely asked him to stop chasing/poking/glaring at/scaring/throwing things at them. We're working on listening the first time and being respectful. He takes the time outs well, walking to his room and quietly waiting out the time. Those 7-minute chunks of time were some of the least stressful moments of my day today...
...a day that started at 5am with all the smoke detectors blaring, "Fire! Fire!"
It took three fire trucks and a couple firefighters to help us figure out the problem was a faulty detector. Bobby and the kids decided to have breakfast. I went back to bed.
Come to think of it, that might have something to do with James' time-outs today. The boys are all outside playing in the snow right now. Happily. Alice is reading in her room after spending some time at Erin's house trying to dye her hair. Temporary dye. Bobby is working on a puzzle we set out. It's kinda quiet for the first time since 5am. I am so, so tired. And when I don't get enough sleep, I get a sore throat and dry cough. I'm trying not to freak out about it today. If it doesn't go away after a good night's rest, I'll know more. Ugh. I don't know or care if it's Covid-19, but any sickness at all in this current climate means further restriction (no Sola Gratia, no rehearsing guitar with Erin, no grocery shopping, no running/walking outdoors). ARGH!
Sunday, March 22, 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Fingers crossed you feel better after a good night's sleep...
ReplyDelete