Monday, October 19, 2020

Sick of Treats

Hi all, I'm just making it official here that I'm sick and tired of treats/desserts/candy running my life. They consume my thoughts. I've built habits and routines around them. It's time to get my life back. I will cut them out from now until Christmas Day. That should give me enough time to remember the other coping strategies I used before treats/dessert/candy conquered all...sigh.


One of our latest "treats". Matthew is learning about "the magic line" in school. When illustrating, the magic line is the line that separates the ground from the sky or the floor from the wall. All of his pictures in kindergarten must have one. He helped me decorate this applesauce cake and there it is! The cake was disgusting, by the way, and quite inedible, but the homemade applesauce topping and cinnamon sugar were perfect on their own :) Nothing like homemade applesauce.


1 comment:

  1. So behind you on this! Sweets and treats are just a slippery slope into a sucking hole with no bottom. I speak from a life time of experience.

    ReplyDelete