Thursday, November 5, 2020

Huh?!

I thought I was growing collard greens...until these little babies showed up:

 


Broccoli! Well, their leaves were delicious anyway :) So were the few carrots that made it this far.

I then ripped up everything that didn't endure our first hard frost. The garden is looking a little sparse now, but at least everything left can be eaten :) It's like a living fridge:

Broccoli greens

Parsley

Green curly kale

Lacinato kale

Flat red kale

Swiss Chard

Sweet pea greens

Cilantro

One teeny tiny head of lettuce

James helped me plant spring flower bulbs this week. I got 60-70 garlic cloves in the ground, too, and Bobby moved a huge pile of fallen leaves from our front yard right onto the garlic for winter mulching. 

It's nice to have almost half of the beds empty. I'm already thinking about what I'd like to plant where in the spring. The planning part is probably my favorite...catalogs, graph paper, calendars, and endless potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment