I'm grateful for synchronous virtual schooling for my kids. Matthew has never seen his teacher nor classmates in the flesh, but school is a real community to him. If we were doing all his schoolwork online without those live interactions, I think he would shrivel up and die. Also, we're all getting used to it enough that I don't need to be on-call as much. I can do a few other things at the same time :)
I'm grateful for a weekly zoom meeting with the sister missionaries in our ward. Our family has been doing this since April. In March, I felt like I/we could use an outside source of gospel learning once we couldn't go to church anymore. Every Tuesday evening, these amazing women share a spiritual thought, challenge us to live more Christ-like lives, and give the kids a chance to share what they know and what they don't know about the gospel. Sometimes the kids ask pretty hard questions. We figure out the answers together. The sister missionaries have been a great addition to our quarantine routine!
No comments:
Post a Comment